Content marketing continues to mature as a process, and with this evolution comes the refining of many techniques, such as content curation. The best-in-class marketers find that the best content marketing mix is 65% created content, 25% curated content and 10% syndicated content. In this post, TopRank’s Lee Odden offers three best practices to optimize your content curation efforts. One of these best practices is choosing the correct types of content to curate. He provides a list of several formats such as:
- Useful resources relevant to your target audience: blogs, news, training, tips, networking and industry events.
- Content created by influential people of importance to the target audience
- Statistics, research and reports
- Compelling or provocative industry news
- Videos: YouTube, Vimeo, Viddler
- Slideshare presentations or search Google.com for .ppt file types
- Whitepapers, eBooks and case studies
- Infographics and other data visualizations
To find out the other two best practices surrounding content curation, read the rest of Odden’s post. Be sure to also check out Curata’s many resources about curation, such as our eBook 5 Steps to Becoming a Content Curation Rockstar.
Read original article at Online Marketing Blog…