Though is has always been important, content curation techniques are more and more becoming a key part of content marketing. The creation of original content is vital for the development of consumer engagement, but curated content has some qualities that can add incredible value to any online marketing campaign. When new content ideas are scarce, writers block is in full force or when time is short, content curation can save the day.
Here are six ways that content curation can help you meet your online content marketing needs:
- Added value. Curating content makes information from other sites available on your own, adding value to your customers’ experience. Commenting on the work of other people provides your perspective on information that others are publishing and reading.
- Thought leadership. You not only know what is going on at your own organization, you freely share industry-related developments from other thought leaders.
- Connect customers with brands. Content curation elevates brand visibility and increases lead generation, without the same amount of time and energy it would take to create original content.
- More time for original content. Instead of pumping out content in quantity to keep sites updated, curating saves marketers time and allows them to spend more of it creating quality original material that readers will find to be unique and valuable. Never get writer’s block again!
- Monetary savings. Because less time will need to be committed to content creation, curation can save businesses money and time spent on writing original pieces, while still supplying content that drives revenue.
- Supportive documentation. When you express something in original content, the reader knows your opinion. When other brands’ content conveys the same message, it lends credibility to your own statements and readers will believe its not just opinion, its probably fact.
Original content will always be king. However, content curation techniques should be included in any online content marketing campaign. Let content curation help ease the pressure of content creation and watch your efforts multiply.
Solve your content creation problems today: Try Curata for free for 30 days.