As SEO and overall Inbound Marketing guru Rand Fishkin pointed out in a post on the topic, there are five types of content curation:
1. Aggregation, which consists of curating the most relevant content about a topic into one single location, such as a blog or website;
2. Distillation, which purpose is to distill the overall noise about a topic to its most important and relevant concept(s);
3. Elevation, where curators draft a more general trend or insight from a mass of daily musings;
4. Mashups, or to merge different content about a topic creating a new original point of view;
5. Chronology, or the presentation of a timeline of curated information to show the evolution of a particular topic.
Read original article at Blog…